Registration & General Inquiries:
Sport Specific Inquiries:
Kenneth Brandon | Competition Director
Gegory Flournoy | Competition Director
Friday, July 14 – Sunday, July 16
The Salvation Army Kroc Center, 6845 University Ave, San Diego, CA 92115
San Diego City College, Harry West Gym, 1313 Park Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
- Teams will be given the option to register for the 3v3 tournament or the 5v5 tournament or both.
- Every effort will be made to provide a minimum of four games.
- A team that registers for 5v5 competition may only have 2 NCAA, retired professionals, and/or semi-professional players on their roster.
- The 5v5 Open Divisions will span all age groups and will not carry any Ex-Pro or Semi-Pro limitations.
(Modified NCAA rules)
- Maximum: 10 players
- 15 minute halves; 5 minute halftime
- Running clock; last 2 minutes of each half will operate under normal clock operation
- Each team is allowed (2) 60-second timeout per game.
(Modified NHSAA rules)
- Maximum: 12 players
- 8 minute quarters; 1 minute break between 1st&2nd and 3rd&4th quarters; 5 minute halftime
- Stopped clock
- Each team is allowed (2) 60-second and (1) 20-second timeouts per game
- Co-Ed teams: 2 female athletes must be on the court at all times.
- Free throw (Best of 10 shots; 1 minute) and 3-point (Best of 25 shots; 3 minutes) competitions
- Single elimination brackets
- Contestants may use rebounders
- Athletes do not have to participate in team play in order to register for the shooting competition, but everyone is encouraged to do both events.
Co-Ed (5v5 only): 21+, 30+, 40+, 50+
Men & Women 3v3: 21+, 30+, 40+, 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 75+, 80+
Men & Women 5v5: 21+, 30+, 40+, 50+
Men (Shooting): 21-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90+
Women (Shooting): 21-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80-89, 90+
- Age is determined as of the first day of competition, Thursday, July 13, 2017
- Minimum age for competitors is 21 years
- Team age group will be determined by the age of the youngest player
- Minimum number of participants to conduct an age group is 4 teams. USA Masters Games reserves the right to combine age groups based on number of entries.
$250 per team (3 v 3 team) / Basketball Entry Fee
$400 per team (5 v 5 team)
$5 per athlete (shooting competition)
NOTE: a $5 service fee is payable per person at the time of submitting your registration. Further details are available in the Games Entry Terms & Conditions.
June 26, 2017
Individual (Shooting) and Team Awards: USA Masters Games gold, silver and bronze medals
- Opening Ceremonies will be held the evening of Friday, July 14
- Closing Ceremonies will be Sunday evening, July 16
- Evening social events for all participating athletes will be held on the other competition days of the Games
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE