Registration & General Inquiries:
Sport Specific Inquiries:
Bonnie Boaz | Competition Director
Saturday, July 15, 2017
Practice ice available to purchase on Friday July 14
San Diego Ice Arena, 11048 Ice Skate Pl, San Diego, CA 92126
- Singles Free Skating: Pre-Bronze, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Masters Intermediate-Novice, Masters Junior-Senior
- Singles Jumps Challenge: Pre-Bronze, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Masters
- Singles Spins Challenge: Pre-Bronze, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Masters
- Pairs Free Skating: Bronze, Silver, Gold, Masters
- Solo Dance Events: Bronze, Silver, Gold
- Pattern Dance Only (partnered): Bronze (and pre-bronze, combined), Silver (and pre-silver, combined), Gold (and pre-gold combined) and Centennial Dance
- Showcase Events: Basic Skills & Dramatic & Light Entertainment – Pre Bronze, Adult & Masters; Duet Showcase Event
- Adult Events: Compulsory or Program event: Adult 1-6 Free Skate
Men: 21-35, 36-45, 46-55, 56-65, 66+
Women: 21-35, 36-45, 46-55, 56-65, 66+
Pairs/Partnered Events: No age groups
- Age is determined by the participant’s age as of the day of competition July 15, 2017.
- Minimum age for competitors is 21 years.
$60 Games Fee per athlete before June 1
$80 per athlete beginning June 1
$100 Figure Skating Entry Fees for each individual or solo dance event
$50 Per person for partnered events (with the exception of the events below)
$120 IJS Events (Gold and Masters Free Skates)
$60 Basic Skills events
NOTE: A $5 service fee is payable per person at the time of submitting your registration. Further details are available in the Games Entry Terms & Conditions.
Friday, June 30, 2017
- Participants must be active members of US Figure Skating or the comparable organization in their home country. Athletes who are not members of US Figure Skating should become a member before registering for the USA Masters Games. Membership information can be found on the US Figure Skating website.
- For international athletes, appropriate documentation is required.
- 4 minute warm-up for all Dramatic and Light Entertainment Events; 6 minute warm-up for all single and pair events.
- Participants may compete in as many disciplines as qualified by test level or a maximum of 4 events, whichever is less.
- Figure Skating Judging System: Bronze and Silver competitions will be scored on the 6.0 scale.
- For Gold and Masters competition, the International Judging System (IJS) will be used.
The competition will be conducted under US Figure Skating Rules.
Individual Awards: USA Masters Games gold, silver, and bronze medals
Club Awards: Special Recognition Awards for the Top 3 clubs
- All skaters must enter their planned program content online at the US Figure Skating website prior to competing.
- At the Chief Referee’s discretion, age class events with fewer than six entries may be combined with other age groups.
- Events with two skaters, in the case of withdrawal of one skater, may be combined with closest appropriate group and/or level to ensure competition for the remaining skater.
- Opening Ceremonies will be held the evening of Friday, July 14
- Closing Ceremonies will be Sunday evening, July 16
- Evening social events for all participating athletes will be held on the other competition days of the Games
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE