Registration & General Inquiries:
Sport Specific Inquiries:
Russ Flynn | Competition Director
Friday, July 14 – Sunday, July 16, 2017
Poway Ice Arena, 12455 Kerran St #100, Poway, CA 92064
- USA Hockey sanctioned.
- Men’s and Women’s divisions at USA Hockey Silver and Bronze levels.
- Free local craft beer tastings included with registration.
- Teams will be limited to a maximum of 20 persons (18 players, 2 goalies), including non-playing coaches, captains and bench personnel.
- Participants can play on multiple teams, but only on one team per age group and only in younger divisions. Participants who choose to do this will be responsible for managing their own schedule and game conflicts.
- This tournament carries a 3-game guarantee for each team.
- Games will consist of 3 20-minute run time periods. Preliminary rounds will be scored using the Buffalo Points System where 5 points will be available each game.
Men: 21+ (Silver and Bronze), 40+ (Silver and Bronze), 60+
- Silver Level definition: Team is comprised primarily of advanced level players. Players may have Junior A, B, C, Non-Varsity College (ACHA), Midget major, Prep or Varsity High School playing experience. Teams may be comparable to traditional high “B” or low “A” level adult house league teams.
- Bronze level definition: Team is comprised primarily of less experienced adult players. A few players may have up to high school playing experience, but most of the team has limited youth playing experience or several years playing as an adult. These teams may be comparable to traditional “C” level adult house league teams.
- Age is determined as of the first day of competition, Wednesday, July 14, 2017.
- Minimum age for competitors is 21 years.
- Team age group will be determined by the age of the youngest player.
- USA Masters Games reserves the right to combine age groups based on number of entries.
$1,250 Team Fee paid by the team manager or first player to register. Every player must visit the registration website to join the roster, even though they will not be charged a fee. No exceptions for players who do not register on the website by the deadline.
NOTE: A $5 service fee is payable per person at the time of submitting your registration. Further details are available in the Games Entry Terms & Conditions.
June 26, 2017
- Participants must be active members of USA Hockey or the comparable organization in their home country. Athletes who are not members of USA Hockey should become a member before registering for the USA Masters Games. Membership information can be found on the USA Hockey website.
- For international athletes, appropriate documentation is required.
- An athlete must play in at least one Pool Play game to be eligible for a Championship game.
- Games will be conducted under USA Hockey Playing Rules.
- Fighting will carry an automatic 2-game suspension. Players will be eligible to return after two games if their team is still competing.
Team Awards: USA Masters Games gold, silver and bronze medals.
- Opening Ceremonies will be held the evening of Friday, July 14
- Closing Ceremonies will be Sunday evening, July 16
- Evening social events for all participating athletes will be held on the other competition days of the Games
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE