Sunday, July 16, 2017. This event will be held in conjunction with the California State Games.
Town & Country Hotel, Grand Pacific Ballroom
500 Hotel Circle North, San Diego, CA 92108
7:00 am – 9:00 am / Weigh ins
10:00 am / Competition starts
Novice, Seniors, & Masters
Women: 106, 114, 125, 138, 154, 171, 171+
Men (Brown & Black): 121, 132, 145, 160, 178, 198, 220, 220+
Male and female competitors with current membership in a National Judo Organization (USJA, USJF, USA Judo).
$60 Games Fee per athlete before June 1
$80 per athlete beginning June 1
$20 Judo Entry Fee
NOTE: A $5 service fee is payable per person at the time of submitting your registration. Further details are available in the Games Entry Terms & Conditions.
June 26, 2017
Double elimination scoring system will be used for 6 or more competitors. Round Robin system will be used for divisions with 5 or less competitors.
- Modified IJF Rules for both male and female competition.
- No double drop knee techniques.
- No arm locks permitted in the Novice divisions.
- White Judo Gis are mandatory.
- Blue Judo Gis are optional.
- All competitors are required to bring their own white and blue belts.
- Pre-2003 Medical Injury Rules for all divisions except for Sr. Brown and Black belts.
- Novice, and Masters: 3 minutes
- Senior Brown & Black Belts: 5 minutes
- Senior Women: 4 minutes
Individual Awards: USA Masters Games gold, silver, and bronze medals. Winners must be in complete regulation judo uniforms to accept awards. Championship Banner awarded to Judo Club with the most points.
- Opening Ceremonies will be held the evening of Friday, July 14
- Closing Ceremonies will be Sunday evening, July 16
- Evening social events for all participating athletes will be held on the other competition days of the Games
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE