Friday, July 14 – Sunday, July 16, 2017
Alga Norte Aquatic Center, 6565 Alicante Road, Carlsbad, CA 92009
All competitive pool events will be Long Course Meters.
Individual Events: 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100-104 (five-year age groups as high as is necessary)
Relay Events: 72-99, 100-119, 120-159, 160-199, 200-239, 240-279, 280-319, 320-359, 360-399, (40-year increments as high as is necessary)
* The aggregate age of the four relay team members determines the age group.
Age is determined by the participant’s age as of December 31, 2017.
$60 Games Fee per athlete before June 1
$80 per athlete beginning June 1
$4 Swimming Entry Fee – per individual pool swimming event.
$12 On-Deck Relay Entry Fee – per relay
NOTE: a $5 service fee is payable per person at the time of submitting your registration. Further details are available in the Games Entry Terms & Conditions.
June 26, 2017
- All swimmers must print, sign and bring the USMS waiver to the pool at Check-In
- All age groups of US Masters Swimming are eligible to compete.
- Participants must be active members of US Masters Swimming or the comparable organization in their home country.
- Athletes who are not members of US Masters Swimming must become a member before registering for the USA Masters Games. Membership information can be found on the US Masters Swimming website.
- For international athletes, appropriate documentation is required.
The meet will be conducted under United States Masters Swimming Rules..
The length of the competition course is in compliance and on file with USMS in accordance with USMS Rule Book articles 105.1.7 and 106.2.1, but as a bulkhead course, is subject to length confirmation. Eligibility of times for USMS Top 10 and Records will be contingent on verification of bulkhead placement.
Individual Awards for each gender, age group and event: USA Masters Games gold, silver, and bronze medals.
Relays: Medals for 1st place.
There will be special awards for high point male and female swimmer in each age group, based on points from individual events.
Team Awards: Special Recognition Awards for the Top 3 teams.
Team Scoring: All events in the meet will be counted towards team scores. For Individual Events, scoring will be 9 points for first place, 7 for second, 6 for third, 5 for fourth, 4 for fifth, 3 for sixth, 2 for seventh, 1 for 8th. For relay scoring, point values are doubled.
- Participants must include event times with their entry to facilitate appropriate seeding.
- Participants may enter a total of 5 individual events per day, a total of 10 events for the meet.
- Check-In is required for all events at the pool. Check-In opens each day at 7:00am and will close one hour prior to the anticipated start of an event.
- On Deck Relays will be accepted. A current USMS membership along with a signed USMS waiver (see above under “Eligibility”) is required.
- Relays must consist of four participants all from the same team or club. Mixed Relays must consist of two men and two women.
- For the 400IM along with the 800m and 1500m Freestyle events, the term “Mixed” refers to the fact that Men and Women are seeded together, and will swim together, in heats according to seed time. Results will be by gender and age group.
HOTELS near the Pool: Mention USA Masters Games when you call
Hampton Inn, Carlsbad – rates coming soon
Homewood Suites, Carlsbad – Melissa Cambra 760-494-5445 – free breakfast & parking, and shuttle to the pool!
Click here to reserve your room
King Suite: $249 + tax (sleeps 4)
Queen Suite: $259 + tax (sleeps 6)
Courtyard Marriott, Carlsbad – 888-236-2427 – free breakfast & parking
King or 2 Queens: $199 + tax
- Opening Ceremonies will be held the evening of Friday, July 14
- Closing Ceremonies will be Sunday evening, July 16
- Evening social events for all participating athletes will be held on the other competition days of the Games
Registration & General Inquiries: